Beth. 22, engaged to the wonderful jimenhimself, and pretty much enjoying every aspect of my life. Despite being bipolar, and having some unknown medical issues, life has given me a rare gem in Jim, and there's no way I'd be as happy as I am without him. If you've followed me for a hot minute, you will have seen many nude pictures uploaded. Those are gone, with the exception of a few "artsy" ones. Obviously, I can't delete something completely once it's on the internet, but that phase is pretty much over, so if you're looking at my icon and going "oh awesome, I can skype her and she'll send me nudes", you're in the wrong neighborhood mother fucker. If you are into cosplay, video games, cats, the occasional bondage, and stupid text posts, then feel free to stick around! Anything tagged as "me" or "beth-is-god" belongs to me. Everything else is considered public domain, and will be removed upon request.
I had a few people ask general questions about this tattoo, which I will add to my FAQ later, but for now I’ll just give everyone a quick reference.
1. It took 13 1/2 hours to complete, four 3 hour sessions and one 1 1/2 session.
2. The song is “Young Folks” by Peter, Bjorn, and John.
3. The birds are called green headed tanagers
4. The flowers are crab apple blossoms.
5. My tattoo was done at Eternal Tattoos in Michigan, by Aaron Ruby.
6. Yes, it hurt. Tattoos hurt. In any location. Some more than others, and it really just depends on the person. If you drink a lot of water the night before/day of and take Tylenol if you feel the need, you should have maximum comfort during the session. Drinking or taking ibuprofen, and you’ll be less comfortable/more problematic for the artist. I was in the most pain when he worked on my sternum area, and it was a breeze in the outer portions. A bit of discomfort on my collar bone and shoulders, but overall not too painful.
7. The story: the song (if you haven’t already listened to it) is about a guy singing to a girl about all the things in his past and wondering if she’d still want to be with him. The girl responds saying she’s had her fair share of shit, and she’d gladly stay with him. The chorus is about how they don’t care about anyone and what they have to say, but only the two of them matter. This song is important to both Jim and I, because of the nature of our relationship. The birds were picked out because they whistle, to match the sheet music from the song. The flowers are the same as the crab apple tree in my backyard that I spent a lot of time climbing as a kid.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
1. How old are you, and how old is your boyfriend?
I am 21, he is 43.
2. You must have daddy issues! That’s disgusting.
LOL, my dad and I get along great, I guess I wanted two.
3. You say you are bipolar. What do you take/how do you deal with it?
I am on 450 mg of Lithium in the morning, and 900mg at night. I take 10mg of Ritalin with 5mg piggback as needed, and we’re considering adding Wellbutrin for libido increase and depression decrease. I’m horrible with meds, I forget them more often than I take them, but everyday is an improvement. I use moodtracker.com as my bible, and that helps to keep things straight in my head.
4. What is your tattoo of?
I have five tattoos. The “doll” is a character from Little Big Planet, my unique character. I have one on each of my wrists in Ancient Greek that translate that “endure” and “renounce”, a Stoic teaching of Epictetus. I also have one on the back on my neck that says “Hell is other people” in French, from my favorite existential philosopher, Jean Paul Sartre. I have a chest piece depicting the whistle from Young Folks by Peter, Bjorn, and John in piano sheet music on a banner with two birds and flowers and shit. It can also be seen here.
5. What is your natural hair color?
Blonde. I have had black, purple, red, blue, aqua and combination of them, as well as dark browns and such. The last time I had blonde hair was when Jim and I first started dating.
6. Will you submit to my blog?
No. Not only do I not post nudes anymore, but I definitely won’t be submitting photos.
7. Where do you live?
Michigan. Near the D.
8. How did you and Jim meet?
Jim owns a 7-11 by my high school. My older brother used to work for him, and I came in one day and we started talking. My high school Writing teacher was the one who “formally” introduced us.
9. How long have you and Jim been together?
Almost 4 years, on and off.
10. Did you break up at some point?
Yes, we split up for roughly 9 months. October of 2010 to July of 2011, but we were banging the entire time. LOL
11. Do you and Jim have threesomes?
12. Do you take picture requests?
13. Does it turn you on that other men want to fuck you?
14. Here’s my email, wanna chat some time?
I do not privately chat with any of my followers, be it email, skype, tiny chat, AIM etc.
15. You posted my Ask publicly! OH NO!
I post EVERYTHING I receive to my blog UNLESS you specifically state you would like it private. If it is really funny, I will black out your username and post it anyways.
16. Do you want to see a picture of my cock?
17. Does Jim have old man balls?
18. What cup size are you?
19. Omg, I can’t believe you are going to ruin your body with a chest piece.
I know it’s hard to believe, but I do not give a flying fuck what any of my followers think about what I do with my body, and if I lose all of you because of a tattoo, good riddance.
20. Do you enjoy anal sex? (I get this one a lot for some reason)
In theory, I fucking love anal sex. It’s hot, I get off thinking about it, and I want to do it all the time. In practice, I hate it. It hurts, I have panic attacks, and for whatever reason I can’t overcome the pain, especially when I’m having trouble breathing. That’s not to say I haven’t had it successfully. I have on a handful of occasions been able to take it, usually with no lube, not foreplay, and no time to think about it…
21. Will you send me a picture of yourself? Or a video of you and Jim?
Whatever is PUBLICLY on my blog, you are more than welcome to save, reblog, like, fap to, show your girlfriend, show your dog, whatever. But I will not send you a private picture, I will not send you a video, etc.
22. What do you do for a living/what’s your major?
My major has changed quite frequently. I went from English to Psychology to Philosophy to Accounting. And accounting is where I will stay until I have my bachelor’s. I have a minor in Psych and Phil due to the amount of credits I took. While I love the creative/liberal arts side of things academically, my mental state does not allow for jobs like those. I need strict deadlines and hours, and someone over my head telling me what to do. It took me a very long time to realize this. I work for Jim at his 7-11 now, doing paperwork and counting money. I love it, it’s easy, and I don’t have to take it home with me often.
23. Do you want kids?
I used to want more than one, but I think I can handle only having one child and spoiling him/her with all the attention. I don’t think any parent is capable of perfectly raising one child, let alone 2 or 10.